Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute
Kiwanis Family Safety Day and Bike Rodeo
The Kiwanis Family Safety Day and Bike Rodeo was created at KPTI in 1994.
Each year about 18,000 children participate in this fun and educational day sponsored by local Kiwanis clubs, police departments, fire departments and other organizations throughout New England. This program provides:
- Information for children and families about bike safety.
- Step by step instructions from planning and promoting your safety day to set-up and clean-up.
- Helmets are available at reduced cost. (see below-Part 7 of Rodeo Manual for order form)
Also provided to New England organizations:
- Printed bike safety information handouts
- Helmet reflectors and identification stickers
- Announcement posters
- Certificates of achievement
- Bicycle inspection checklist
- A to Z by Bike, a comprehensive guide to safe bicycling for kids and adults
- Bike Basics, a AAA brochure about safe biking
- See below-Part 5 of Rodeo Manual for order form
Part 1: Agenda for the day, publicity tips, costs, supplies, logistics, timeline
Part 2: Rodeo stations
Part 3: Handout samples
Part 4: ORDER FORM for handouts
Part 5: Sample forms
Part 6: Ordering information for helmets at discount pricing from Helmets R Us and Bell Sports.
For more information, call 617-636-6381.