Back to Results
Sylvia H. Yoo, MD
Pediatric Ophthalmologist and Strabismologist; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Dr. Yoo has special interests in amblyopia, pediatric cataracts, and adult strabismus, for which her surgical technique includes the use of adjustable sutures.
Seeing Patients In
New England Eye Center - Boston
Floating Building, 6th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6769
Fax #: 617-636-3305
New England Eye Center - Framingham
959 Concord St.
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone #: 508-879-3204
Fax #: 508-620-0098
2010, Fellowship Recipient, Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Consortium - Child Health Oversight Committee
1. Yoo SH, Pineles SL, Jarrahy R, Velez, FG. Ophthalmic manifestations of cherubism. Journal of AAPOS. February 2015; 19(1): 70-2.
2. Yoo SH, Rootman DB, Goh A, Savar A, Goldberg RA. Localization and Retrieval of an Eyelid Metallic Foreign Body With an Oscillating Magnet and High-Resolution Ultrasonography. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014 Aug 26. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Yoo SH, Pineles SL, Goldberg RA, Velez FG. Rectus muscle resection in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. Journal of AAPOS. February 2013; 17(1): 9-15.
4. Yoo SH. Index of Suspicion: Lower extremity weakness 2 years after scoliosis surgery in a teenager. Pediatrics in Review. May 2012; 33(5): 233-9.
5. Yoo SH, Jansson LM, Park, HJ. Sensorimotor outcomes in children with prenatal exposure to methadone. J AAPOS. In press.
6. Yoo SH, Buu MC, Kollef MH, Enzenauer RW. Ocular manifestations of Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases. In: Levin AV, Enzenauer RW, editors. The Eye in Pediatric Systemic Disease. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2017:1806-1856.
7. Yoo SH, Rootman DB, Goh A, Savar A, Goldberg RA. Localization and Retrieval of an Eyelid Metallic Foreign Body With an Oscillating Magnet and High-Resolution Ultrasonography. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Jul-Aug;32(4):e83-4.
Dr. Yoo grew up in Alabama and attended Cornell University where she majored in Biological Engineering. She then returned to Alabama to attend medical school in Birmingham. She first completed a residency in pediatrics at Stanford University and then ophthalmology residency at UCLA. She then returned to the east coast to complete a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at Johns Hopkins.
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
American Academy of Pediatrics
New England Ophthalmological Society