Back to Results
Sylvia H. Yoo, MD
Pediatric Ophthalmologist and Strabismologist; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Dr. Yoo has special interests in amblyopia, pediatric cataracts, and adult strabismus, for which her surgical technique includes the use of adjustable sutures.
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
University of Alabama School of Medicine; Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford University; Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA; Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital
New England Eye Center - Boston
Floating Building, 6th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-3305
Phone #: 617-636-6769
New England Eye Center - Framingham
959 Concord St.
Framingham, MA 01702
Fax #: 508-620-0098
Phone #: 508-879-3204
2010, Fellowship Recipient, Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Consortium - Child Health Oversight Committee
1. Yoo SH, Pineles SL, Jarrahy R, Velez, FG. Ophthalmic manifestations of cherubism. Journal of AAPOS. February 2015; 19(1): 70-2.
2. Yoo SH, Rootman DB, Goh A, Savar A, Goldberg RA. Localization and Retrieval of an Eyelid Metallic Foreign Body With an Oscillating Magnet and High-Resolution Ultrasonography. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014 Aug 26. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Yoo SH, Pineles SL, Goldberg RA, Velez FG. Rectus muscle resection in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. Journal of AAPOS. February 2013; 17(1): 9-15.
4. Yoo SH. Index of Suspicion: Lower extremity weakness 2 years after scoliosis surgery in a teenager. Pediatrics in Review. May 2012; 33(5): 233-9.
5. Yoo SH, Jansson LM, Park, HJ. Sensorimotor outcomes in children with prenatal exposure to methadone. J AAPOS. In press.
6. Yoo SH, Buu MC, Kollef MH, Enzenauer RW. Ocular manifestations of Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases. In: Levin AV, Enzenauer RW, editors. The Eye in Pediatric Systemic Disease. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2017:1806-1856.
7. Yoo SH, Rootman DB, Goh A, Savar A, Goldberg RA. Localization and Retrieval of an Eyelid Metallic Foreign Body With an Oscillating Magnet and High-Resolution Ultrasonography. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Jul-Aug;32(4):e83-4.
Dr. Yoo grew up in Alabama and attended Cornell University where she majored in Biological Engineering. She then returned to Alabama to attend medical school in Birmingham. She first completed a residency in pediatrics at Stanford University and then ophthalmology residency at UCLA. She then returned to the east coast to complete a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at Johns Hopkins.
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
American Academy of Pediatrics
New England Ophthalmological Society