Child + Adolescent Psychiatry
Back to Results
Susan Meagher, PhD
Psychologist; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Center for Youth Wellness
Mood and anxiety disorders, connection between emotional and physical well-being, the role of developmental/family factors in health behaviors
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Pediatric obesity, mindfulness-based treatment programs
|Training + Education
Teachers College/Columbia University Medical School; University of Massachusetts Medical School; Cambridge Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
Pratt Building, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-4852
Phone #: 617-636-5731
1. Meagher, S.M., Rajan, A., Wyshak, G. & Goldstein, J. (2013). Changing trends in inpatient care for psychiatrically hospitalized youth: 1991-2008. Psychiatric Quarterly, 84, 159-68.
2. Meagher, S.M. & Leidig, M. (2012). The Center for Youth Wellness: A developmental and community focused model for an adolescent weight management program. American Psychological Association’s Child, Youth and Families News: Poverty, Health Disparities, and the Nation’s Children.
3.Baker, C.B., Arnold, D.H., & Meagher, S.M. (2011). Participation in and attrition from a parent training prevention program for conduct problems. Prevention Science, 12, 126-138.
4. Meagher, S.M., Arnold, D.H., Doctoroff, G.L., Dobbs, J., & Fisher, P.H. (2009). Social-emotional problems in early childhood and the development of depressive symptoms in school-age children. Early Education and Development, 20, 1-24.
5. Meagher, S.M., Arnold, D.H., Doctoroff, G.L., & Baker, C. B. (2008). The relationship between maternal beliefs and behavior during shared reading. Early Education and Development, 19, 138-160.
6. Arnold, D. H., Brown, S., Meagher, S., Baker, C. N., Dobbs, J., & Doctoroff, G. L. (2006). Preschool-based programs for externalizing problems. Education & Treatment of Children, 29, 311-340.
Susan Meagher, PhD, is the psychologist for the Center for Youth Wellness which offers prevention and treatment programs to address pediatric obesity at the Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center. She is an assistant clinical professor at Tufts University School of Medicine and a practicing child clinical psychologist in Tufts’ Psychiatry Department. She is active in intervention research, previously in the area of preschool development and more recently in adolescent obesity. She received her undergraduate degree from Brown University and her doctoral degree from University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Focus on a Fitter Future (III), Children’s Hospital Association
Society of Pediatric Psychology, Division 54 of American Psychological Association
American Psychological Association