Back to Results
Stuart V. Braun, MD
Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics; Director, Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Program; Associate Residency Director; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Orthopedics, Pediatric Orthopedics
Scoliosis and spinal deformities, pediatric hip disease, trauma and adolescent sports injuries
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Clinical outcomes, scoliosis, trauma, cerebral palsy
|Training + Education
University of Vermont College of Medicine; Fletcher Allen Hospital; Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto; University of Vermont
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital, 4th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-7920
Fax #: 617-636-9107
Education Award, Tufts Affiliated Residency Program
The Oliver Smith Award, Tufts-New England Medical Center
Raymond Kulhman Research Award, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Resident Research Award, American Society of Bariatric Surgery
James E. Demeules Surgical Research Prize, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Walter Daniel Manz Community Service Award, University of Vermont
1. Braun SV, Green J, Goldberg MG. The Effects of Spinal Fusion on Quality of Life for Patients with Severe Neuromuscular Scoliosis. Scoliosis Research Society. San Antonio TX, September 2009.
2. Braun SV, Green J, Goldberg MG. Spinal Fusion vs Conservative Treatment for Scoliosis in Patients with Severe Cerebral Palsy. The Thibodeau Lecture. Boston MA, June 2008.
3. Braun SV, Hedden DM, Howard AW. Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome Following Spinal Deformity Correction. The Jounral of Bone and Joint Surgery, October 2006; 88-A(10); 2252-2257.
4. B. D. Beynnon, R. J. Johnson, S. Braun, M. Sargent, I. M. Bernstein, J. M. Skelly, and P. M. Vacek. The Relationship Between Menstrual Cycle Phase and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury: A Case-Control Study of Recreational Alpine Skiers. American Journal of Sports Medicine, May 1, 2006; 34(5): 757 - 764.
5. Aronsson DD, Braun SV. Pediatric Orthopaedic Secrets 2ND Edition. Chapter 16; Postoperative Management. Staheli LT Editor, Hanley & Belfus, Philadelphia, PA, January 2003.
6. Braun SV, Abate JS. A critical review of the literature of periosteal grafting and autogenous cartilage transplantation in the treatment of articular cartilage defects of the knee. Seminars in Arthroplasty, April 2002.