Back to Results
Shira I. Doron, MD
Attending Physician; Associate Hospital Epidemiologist and Antimicrobial Steward; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Infectious diseases, antimicrobial stewardship
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Probiotics, antibiotic resistance
|Training + Education
George Washington University School of Medicine/Health Sciences; University of California-San Diego Medical Center; George Washington University Medical Center; Tufts Medical Center
||Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St., #238
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-8525
Phone #: 617-636-7010
2004, Maxwell Finland Award for promise in research in Infectious Disease from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society
2004, Jonathan Freeman Scholarship for scholarly activity in hospital epidemiology from the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
2004, Edward Kass award for clinical excellence in Infectious Disease from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society
2003, 2005-07, National Institutes of Health Clinical Research Loan Repayment Award
1. S. Doron and H. Boucher. The Department of Defense fights the battle against antimicrobial resistance: can the US win the war? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2014; advanced access doi: 10.1093/cid/ciu320.
2. S. Doron and H. Boucher. Antibiotics for Skin Infections: New Study Design and a Step Toward Shorter Course Therapy. JAMA 2013; 309(6): 609.
3. M. Traa, L. Barboza, S. Doron, D. R Snydman, F. Noubary, S. A Nasraway. Horizontal Infection Control Strategy Decreases Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection and Eliminates Bacteremia in a Surgical ICU Without Active Surveillance. Critical care medicine 2014; DOI: 10.1097/CCM.0000000000000501
4. E, Thibodeau, S. Doron, V. Iacoviello, J. Schimmel, D.R. Snydman. Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae: Analyzing Knowledge and Practice in Healthcare Providers. PeerJ 2014; 2:e405 http://dx.doi.org/10.7717/peerj.405.
5. Z. Daoud, E.S. Sokhn, E. Azar, K. Maskri, S. Doron. Mutant prevention concentrations of ciprofloxacin against urinary isolates of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries 2014;8(2):154-9.
6. E. G. Muldoon, L. Epstein, T. Logvinenko, S. Murray, S. Doron, D.R. Snydman. The impact of cefepime as first line therapy for neutropenic fever on Clostridium difficile rates among hematology and oncology patients. Anaerobe 2013; 24:79-81.
7. S. Doron, L. Nadkarni, L.L. Price, K. Lawrence, L.E. Davidson, J. Evans, C. Garber, D.R. Snydman. Nationwide Survey of Antimicrobial Management Practices. Clinical Therapeutics 2013; 35(6): 758-765.
8. A. Weston, L. Epstein, L.E. Davidson, A. DeMaria, S. Doron. The Impact of a Massachusetts State Sponsored Educational Program on Antimicrobial Stewardship in Acute Care Hospitals. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2013; 34(4): 437-439.
9. A. Weston, K. Caldera, S. Doron. SCIP in the Value Based Purchasing Era: More Harm than Good? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2013; 56(3): 424-7.
10. S. Doron and S.A. Nasraway. The trouble with studying bundles. Critical Care Medicine 2011;39(10):2355-7.