Back to Results
Senada Arabelovic, DO
Rheumatologist; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
General rheumatology, transitioning young adults with autoimmune diseases to the adult rheumatology clinic, pregnancy in rheumatologic disease
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Gender differences in rheumatology
|Training + Education
Midwestern University; University of Massachusetts Memorial Hospital; Tufts University School of Medicine; Tufts Medical Center
||Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5990
Fax #: 617-636-2388
Tufts Medical Center
31 Pine St.
Norfolk, MA 02056
Phone #: 508-623-3800
Fax #: 508-623-3801
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2014, Medical Student Clinical Preceptorship Grant, Awarded by the Rheumatology Research Foundation.
2007, Harvard Medical School Excellence in Tutoring Award
2003, Ortho-McNeil Fellows in Rheumatology Future Leaders Award
1. Hanine Inaty, Senada Arabelovic. α1-Antitrypsin deficiency in a patient diagnosed with granulomatosis with polyangiitis BMJ Case Reports 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-009045
2. Jennifer E. Layne, Senada Arabelovic, Lynn Bairos Wilson, Gregory J. Cloutier, Mariya A. Pindrus, Charlotte J. Mallio, Ronenn Roubenoff, Carmen Castaneda-Sceppa Community-Based Strength Training Improves Physical Function in Older Women With Arthritis American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine 01/2009; 3(6):466-473.
3. Arabelovic, S, Sam, G, Dallal, GE, Jacques, PF, McAlindon, T, Selhub, J, Rosenberg, I, Roubenoff, R. Preliminary evidence shows that folic acid fortification of the food supply is associated with methotrexate resistance in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 2007; 26:453-455.
4. Arabelovic, S and McAlindon, T. Considerations in the treatment of early osteoarthritis. Current Rheumatology Reports Mar 2005;791:29-35.
5. Arabelovic, S, Fathalla, B, Witsell, A, Vannier, E, Parker, R, Smith, DE, Roubenoff, R. Selective cytokine transcript levels in skeletal muscle from old rats with adjuvant arthritis. FASEB Journal 2004;18(4):A119.3.
6. Arabelovic, S, Sam, G, Dallal, GE, Jacques, PF, McAlindon, T, Selhub, J, Rosenberg, I, Roubenoff, R. Preliminary evidence shows that folic acid fortification of the food supply is associated with methotrexate resistance in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. FASEB Journal 2004;18(4):A356.3.
Senada Arabelovic, DO, a native of Chicago, completed her osteopathic education at Midwestern University in Illinois. She completed her internal medicine residency at UMASS Memorial and her fellowship training in rheumatology at Tufts Medical Center. She is active in medical student and resident education and recently received a prestigious award from the Rheumatology Research Foundation to introduce medical students to the specialty of rheumatology by supporting a full-time clinical experience. She is fluent in English and Serbo-Croatian.