Back to Results
Robert J. Ward, MD
Chief of Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention; Director, Bone Densitometry; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Clinical Focus Areas
Musculoskeletal imaging and intervention
Research Focus Areas
Sports medicine, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-0040
Fax #: 617-636-0041
2018, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018, Tufts University School of Medicine “Last Lecture” Speaker
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2016, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2016, Residency Mentorship
2015, Robert C Sapno Medical Student Teacher Award
2014, Teacher of the Year
1. Pediatric Imaging: Case Review Updated Edition Ward RJ, Blickman JG. Elsevier/Mosby, Philadelphia, c. 2007.
2. Hargaden G, O'Connell M, Kavanagh E, Powell T, Ward R, Eustace S. Current concepts in whole-Body imaging using Turbo Short Tau Inversion Recovery MR Imaging. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003 Jan;180(1):247-52.
3. MR Imaging of Bone Oedema Patterns: Mechanisms and Interpretation. Eustace SJ, Keogh M., Blake, MA, Ward RJ, Oder P, DiMasi M, Clin Rad 2000 44, 1-9.
4. In Vitro and in Vivo Spin Echo Diffusion Imaging Characteristics of Synovial Fluid: Potential Non-Invasive Differentiation of Inflammatory and Degenerative Arthritis Eustace SJ, DiMasi MH, Adams J, Ward RJ, Caruthers S, McAlindon JA Skeletal Radiol. 2000 Jun; 29(6):320-3.
5. Analysis of Diffusion Changes in Posttraumatic Bone Marrow Using Navigator-corrected Diffusion Gradients. Ward RJ, Caruthers SD, Yablon CM, Blake MA, DiMasi MH, Eustace SJ AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000 Mar; 174(3):731-4.
Radiologic Society of North America
American College of Radiology
Society of Skeletal Radiology
International Society of Clinical Densitometry
Osteoarthritis Research Society International