Back to Results
Mitchell B. Strominger, MD
Director, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service; Neuro-Ophthalmology Service; Director, Medical Student Education, Tufts University School of Medicine; Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology
Pediatric ophthalmology and ocular motility, eye movement and visual pathway disorders in both adults and children including double vision, wandering eyes, pediatric cataracts, concussion and other neurological problems impacting vision, neuro-ophthalmology
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||New treatments for lazy eye (amblyopia) and surgery for double vision and wandering eyes
|Training + Education
Washington University; Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Bascom Palmer Eye Institute; Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
New England Eye Center - Boston
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6769
Fax #: 617-636-3305
New England Eye Center - Framingham
959 Concord St.
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone #: 508-879-3204
Fax #: 508-620-0098
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," U.S. News & World Report
1. Olitsky SE, Strominger MB, Weaver DT. Eye to Eye: Preferred post operative alignment in divergence excess exotropia. JPOS 2012;49(1):1-7.
2. Dibner M, Carmody J, Strominger M, Kapadia M, Thaler D. Bilateral Subperiosteal Hemorrhage of the Orbit. Neurology 2012 May;78(21):e129
3. Strominger MB, Young WO. Eye to Eye: Managing a case of V Pattern Esotropia. JPOS 2012;50(2):70-72.
4. Maxfield SD, Strominger MB. Optic Disc Dysplasia in Poland Syndrome. Ophthalmic Genetics, Early Online, 2012; 1-2. Ophthalmic Genetics June 2014, Vol. 35, No. 2, June 2014: 117-118
5. Madigan WP, Reynolds JD, Strominger MB. Eye to Eye: Management of Congenital Fourth Cranial Nerve Palsy. JPOS 2014;51(2):70-72
6. Donahue SP, Friedman IB, Strominger MB. Eye to Eye: Surgical Management of a case of Divergence Insufficiency in a Pseudophakic Adult Patient. JPOS 2014;51(4):198-200
7. Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator Group. A randomized trial comparing part-time patching with observation for children 3-10 years old with intermittent exotropia. Ophthalmology. Dec 2014;121(12):2299-2310.
8. DeRespinis PA, Strominger MB, Weaver DT. Eye to Eye: Prevention of lower eyelid retraction in a case of inferior rectus muscle recession. JPOS 2016;53(1):5-6.
9. Torun N, Laviv Y, Kianush KJ, Mahadevan A, Bhadelia RA, Anderson M, Strominger M, Kasper EM. Schwannoma of the Trochlear Nerve – an illustrated case series and a review of management. Neurosurgical Review Neurosurgical Rev 2016; 01 September (Published online)
Dagi LR, O’Hara M, Strominger MB. Eye to Eye: Management of small vertical deviations. JPOS 2017;54(3):134-136