|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Lady Hardinge Medical College, India; Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital/Delhi University, India; New York Medical College; New England Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine; Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
||Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital, 2nd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-3266
Fax #: 617-636-8718
Pediatric Specialty Center - Chelmsford
20 Research Pl., #210
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
Phone #: 978-937-6362
Fax #: 978-703-4176
Pediatric Specialty Center - Westford
198 Littleton Rd., Suite 203
Westford, MA 01886
Phone #: 508-640-5300
Fax #: 978-692-5320
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, Castle Connolly Exceptional Women In Medicine
2014-2017, Castle Connolly Top Doctors
2016, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
1. Gilbert JV, Ramakrishna J, Sunderman FW Jr, Wright A, Plaut AG: Protein Hpn: cloning and characterization of a histidine-rich metal binding polypeptide in Helicobacter pylori and H. mustelae. Infection and Immunity, 1995,63:2682-8.
2. Ramakrishna J, Langhans N, Calenda K, Grand RJ, Verhave M: Combined use of cyclosporine and azathioprine or 6-mercaptopurine in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 1996;22:296-302.
3. Grand RJ, Ramakrishna J, Calenda KA. Therapeutic strategies for pediatric Crohn’s disease. Clinical and Investigative Medicine, 1996;19:373-80.
4. Ramakrishna J, Treem WR. Duodenal hematoma as a complication of endoscopic biopsy in pediatric bone marrow transplant recipients. Journal of Pediatric Gastroentrology and Nutrition, 1997;25:426-29.
5. Van Hove JLK, Kahler SG, Feezor MD, Ramakrishna JP, Hart P, Treem WR, Shen J, Mattern D, Millington DS. Acylcarnitines in plasma and blood spots of patients with long-chain 3-hydroxyacylcoenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency. J of Inherited and Metabolic Diseases. 2000;23:571-82.
6. Czinn S, Gold BD, Dickinson C, Ramakrishna J, Orenstein S. Research Agenda for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition: Acid-Peptic Diseases. Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition for the Children’s Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition , 2002; 35: Suppl 3, S250-3.
7. Ramakrishna J, Johnson AR, Banner BF. Long-term Minocycline Use for Acne in Healthy Adolescents Can Cause Severe Autoimmune Hepatitis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009; 43(8):787-790.
8. S. Wirth, C. Ribes-Koninckx, F. Bortolotti; L. Zancan, P. Jara, M. Shelton, N. Kerkar, M. Galoppo, N. Rodriguez-Baez, M. Ciocca, A. Lachaux, F. Lacaille, T. Lang, U. Kullmer, W.D. Huber, T. Gonzalez, H. Pollack, E. Alonso, P. Broue, J. Ramakrishna, D. Neigut, A. del Valle-Segarra, B. Hunter, Z. Goodman, Christine Xu,J. Harvey, S. Noviello , V. Sniukiene, C. Brass, J. Albrecht. High Sustained Virologic Response Rates in Children With Chronic Hepatitis C Receiving Peginterferon alfa-2b Plus Ribavirin. J of Hepatology. 2010; 52: 501–507.
9. Maturo S,Hill C, Bunting G, Baliff C, Ramakrishna J, Scirica C, Fracchia MS, Donovan A, Hartnick C. Pediatric Paradoxical Vocal Fold Motion (PVFM): A Multidisciplinary Approach for Evaluation and Treatment. Pediatrics, 2011 Dec;128(6):e1443-9. Epub 2011 Nov 28.
Jyoti Ramakrishna, MD, MPH was born in Boston, moved back to India as an infant, and returned in 1989 to train in Pediatric Gastroenterology (at Tufts Medical Center) after one year of Pediatric Residency required by the American Board of Pediatrics. Dr. Ramakrishna's first faculty job was at Duke, then she moved with her husband to California (UC Davis), only to move back with him to MA a couple years later. After 11 years at UMass, Dr. Ramakrishna was at MGH/HMS for two and a half years before coming back home to Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center in March 2013. Dr. Ramakrishna enjoys doing clinical research, and likes to teach residents, students, fellows and colleagues.
National Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN)
American Gastroenterological Society (AGA)
Massachusetts Medical Society