Back to Results
Jenica Upshaw, MD
Medical Director, Cardio-Oncology Program; Attending Physician, Advanced Heart Failure; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Cardio-oncology, heart failure
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Predictive modeling of cardiovascular outcomes in cardiac disease management and quality improvement
|Training + Education
Weill Medical College of Cornell University; Massachusetts General Hospital; Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-5913
Phone #: 617-636-2273
2015, Heart Failure Society of America Clinical Research Grant
2015, Natalie V. Zucker Grant, Tufts University School of Medicine
2014, Beals Goodfellow Research Award, Tufts Medical Center
2013, Herbert J. Levine Foundation Cardiovascular Disease Management Research Award, Tufts Medical Center
2012, Massachusetts American College of Cardiology Fellowship Award
1. Upshaw JN, Konstam MA, van Klaveren D, Noubary F, Huggins GS, Kent DM. A multi-state model to predict heart failure hospitalizations and all-cause mortality in outpatients with reduced ejection fraction: model derivation and external validation. Accepted Circulation:Heart Failure.
2. Upshaw JN, Gregory D, Arpin P, Cantor M, Javaid M, Nadeau H, Brandon L, Konstam MA. Design of the Multicenter Randomized Controlled Evaluation of Heart Failure Disease Management Using Advanced Telecommunications Within a Diverse Provider Network: The Specialized Primary and Networked Care in HF (SPAN-CHF) III Trial. In preparation for submission.
3. Konstam MA, Upshaw JN. Sisyphus and 30-day Heart Failure Readmissions: Futility in Predicting a Flawed Outcome Metric. JACC Heart Fail. 2016 Jan; 4(1): 21-3.
4. Upshaw JN, Kiernan MS, Morine K, Kapur, NK, Pham DT, DeNofrio D. Diagnosis, Management and Outcomes of Thrombosis in Continuous-Flow Left Ventricular Assist Devices. ASAIO J. 2016 Jan-Feb;62(1):33-9.
5. Kapur NK, Upshaw J, Kiernan MS, Pham DT. Left ventricular assist device thrombosis presenting as an acute coronary syndrome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 147(6):e72-3.
6. Upshaw J, Kiernan MS. Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment for Noncardiac Surgery. Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2013; 10(2):147-56.
7. Heller KN, Upshaw J, Seyoum B, Zebroski H, Munz C, Distinct memory CD4+ T-cell subsets mediate immune recognition of Epstein Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 in healthy virus carriers. Blood. 2007. 109(3): 1138-46.
8. Upshaw JN, Margoles L, Patel AR, Golan Y, Vest AR, Arkun K, Kiernan MS, DeNofrio D. Disseminated Zygomycetes early after cardiac transplantation. Presented at the 2016 ISHLT national meeting.
9. Upshaw JN, Konstam MA, Noubary F, Huggins GS, Kent DM. A multi-state model to predict heart failure hospitalizations and all-cause mortality in outpatients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Presented at the 2015 HFSA national meeting.
10. Upshaw JN, Kiernan MS, Morine K, Pham DT, DeNofrio D, Kociol R, Kapur, NK. Diagnosis, Management and Outcomes of Thrombosis in Continuous-Flow Left Ventricular Assist Devices: A Single Center Experience. Abstract presented AHA 2012 Scientific Sessions.