Back to Results
Jeffrey S. Zarin, MD
Chief, Division of Arthroplasty; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Joint replacement surgery of hip and knee, partial knee replacement, patellofemoral knee replacement, revision of failed hip and knee replacement, Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgeries
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Alignment of knee replacement, robotic assisted knee replacement surgery, infection management in joint replacement
|Training + Education
Stanford University Medical School; Harvard Combined Residency Program; Brigham and Women’s Hospital
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 8th Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5160
Fax #: 617-636-5178
2017, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2009-2016, Best Doctors of America Selection
2013, Diamond Award for Clinical Excellence, HVMA, Boston, MA
2010, Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation Career Development Research Grant
2005, Administrative Chief Resident, Massachusetts General Hospital
1. Zarin JS, Thornhill TS, “Rotational Alignment in Total Knee Arthroplasty.” in Scott WN and Hanssen A (eds.), Total Knee Replacement, Operative Techniques Series, Elsevier Inc., 2008, 53-73.
2. Zarin JS, Noble AR, Fitz W, “Complications after Total Knee Arthroplasty.” in Berry DJ, Steinman SP, Tornetta P, Einhorn TA (eds.), Adult Reconstruction, Orthopedic Surgery Essentials Series, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007, 177-187.
3. Marin M, Chao S, Guzman C, Kapoor A, Castillo C, Di Petrillio M, Zarin J, Halle D, Azocar R: A multidisciplinary approach for the prevention of perioperative delirium in elderly total replacement patients. A quality improvement project. American Geriatric Society Meeting, Geriatrics for Specialist Poster Session. Orlando, Florida, 2010.
4. Miller NS, Nader C, Barinaga J, Zarin JS. “Unsuspected infection due to Listeria monocytogenes in a prosthetic knee joint.” Clinical Microbiology Newsletter. 2011; (33)8: 60-62.
5. Jibodh S, Zarin JS, Anthony SG, Malchau H, Estok DM, “Modular versus Non-Modular Porous Stems in Revision Hip Arthroplasty: Minimum 5-Year Results.” Poster Presentation, AAOS Meeting, March 2008, San Francisco, CA.
6. Zarin JS, Zurakowski D, Burke DW, “Trochanteric Fixation in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty.” Journal of Arthroplasty. Feb 2009; (24)2: 272-280.
7. Zarin JS, Grosvenor D, Schurman D, Goodman S. “Efficacy of Intraoperative Blood Collection and Reinfusion in Revision Total Hip Arthoplasty.” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. Nov 2003; 85A(11): 2147-51.
Jeffrey S. Zarin, MD is the Chief of the Division of Arthroplasty in the Department of Orthopedics at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Zarin specializes in joint replacement of the hip and knee. He has performed surgery at New England Baptist Hospital as part of Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates for the past five years. Dr. Zarin has been an Assistant Professor at Tufts University Medical School and involved with training the Tufts Orthopedic Surgery Residents during this time period. From 2007 until 2011, Dr. Zarin was faculty at Boston Medical Center as part of Boston University Medical school.
Dr. Zarin is board certified in Orthopedic surgery and fellowship trained at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. Dr. Zarin received his medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine, and completed the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency program at Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital. He received his bachelor's degree at Amherst College and graduated summa cum laude.
Dr. Zarin is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS). Dr. Zarin is a member of several professional societies, including the New England Orthopedic Society and the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association.
Dr. Zarin is pleased to join the faculty at Tufts Medical Center and welcomes new patients with conditions relating to surgical treatment of arthritis of the hip and knee, as well as complex primary and revision surgery of hip and knee replacements. Dr. Zarin also performs partial knee replacement and patellofemoral knee replacement surgery.
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery Fellow Member
Massachusetts Medical Society Member
Massachusetts Orthopedic Association Member
New England Orthopedic Society Member