Back to Results
Christopher Geary, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Clinical Focus Areas
Shoulder instability and dislocation, rotator cuff repair, labral repair, shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery for shoulder, knee, hip and ankle, cartilage injuries and joint preservation, meniscus repair, management of knee ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL), multi-ligament knee injuries and reconstruction, overuse injuries in athletes, adult and adolescent sports medicine, women’s sports injuries and prevention, workers' compensation
Research Focus Areas
Surgery and rehabilitation of the thrower’s shoulder and elbow, ligament and meniscal injuries of the knee
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 7th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5148
Fax #: 617-636-5178
2018, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2007-2009, Invited lab instructor, AANA fall course
2009, Invited lab instructor, San Diego Shoulder course
Lead reviewer, American Journal of Sports Medicine
1. Geary CB and Fronek J. Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction and Subsequent Injury Pattern in Professional Baseball Players. In Press.
2. Geary CB and Myer JJM. Shoulder Arthroscopy after Luxatio Erecta – Case Report and Review of Literature. In Preparation.
3. Geary CB and Yassir WK. Bracing Above the Curve Apex in Idiopathic Thoracolumbar Scoliosis. In Preparation.
4. Jensen FE, Wang C, Stafstrom C, Liu Z, Geary C, and Stevens, MC. Acute and chronic increases in excitability in rat hippocampal slices after perinatal hypoxia in vivo. J Neurophysiology, 79:73-81. Jan 1998.
5. Jensen FE, Blume H, Alvarado S, Firkusny I, Geary C. NBQX blocks acute and late epileptogenic effects of perinatal hypoxia. Epilepsia, 36(10):966-72 Oct 1995.
Former Assistant Team Physician for the San Diego Padres, San Diego State and UCSD
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
Arthroscopy Association of North America