Back to Results
Anthony Rodrigues, MD, PhD
Department + Services
Pediatrics, Pediatric Neurology
Clinical Focus Areas
General neurology with special interest in pain syndromes (headaches, migraines, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), etc.)
Research Focus Areas
Currently working on understanding headache mechanisms through the action of propofol. Plan to study MRI and EEG changes in the setting of using low dose propofol to abort acute headaches/migraines.
Seeing Patients In
North Chelmsford, 978-937-6362
Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital, Street Level
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5356
Fax #: 617-636-8375
Pediatric Specialty Center - Lawrence
25 Marston St.
Lawrence, MA 01843
Phone #: 978-208-4916
Fax #: 978-685-3170
Pediatric Specialty Center - North Chelmsford
20 Research Pl.
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
Phone #: 978-937-6362
Fax #: 978-703-4176
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, Co-Chief of Pediatric Neurology (Boston, MA): Organize pediatric neurology fellowship schedule and educational program
2012, Teaching recognition (Boston, MA): Instructor for Physical Diagnosis
2012, Teaching recognition (Boston, MA): Teaching residents and 4th year medical students during rotation
1. Siegfried Schmidt, Anthony Rodrigues, Marie Lupi De Diez, Fong Wong
Resolution of Peripheral Neuropathic Pain with Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Case Report. The Journal of Family Practice. Accepted December 2012.
2. Rodrigues A, King CD, Wong F, Riley JL 3rd, Schmidt S, Mauderli AP. The effect of topical local anesthetics on thermal pain sensitivity in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Pain Research and Treatment. Epub 2012 February.
3. Fong Wong, Anthony Rodrigues, Christopher D. King, Joseph L. Riley, Siegfried Schmidt, Charles J. Vierck and Andre P. Mauderli. Relationships between Irritable Bowel Syndrome Pain, Skin Temperature Indices of Autonomic Dysregulation and Sensitivity to Thermal Cutaneous Stimulation. Pain Research and Treatment. Epub 2010 August.
4. Fong Wong, Anthony Rodrigues, Siegfried Schmidt, Charles J. Vierck and Andre P. Mauderli. Extreme Thermal Sensitivity and Pain-Induced Sensitization in a Fibromyalgia Patient. Pain Research and Treatment. Epub 2010 February.
5. Anthony C. Rodrigues Characteristics of Somatic Pain Sensitization in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. A dissertation presented to the graduate school of the University of Florida in fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
6. Rodrigues AC., Nicholas Verne G., Schmidt S., Mauderli AP. Hypersensitivity to cutaneous thermal nociceptive stimuli in irritable bowel syndrome. PAIN. 115(1-2):5-11, 2005 May.
7. Mauderli AP., Vierck CJ Jr., Cannon RL., Rodrigues A., Shen C. Relationships between skin temperature and temporal summation of heat and cold pain. Journal of Neurophysiology. 90(1):100-9, 2003 July