When you and your child arrive at Floating Hospital:
- Our staff members will help you and your child become familiar with the surroundings.
- Your child will be provided a personal hygiene packet with items including a toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, socks and earplugs. He/she will receive an identification (ID) bracelet with his or her name, date of birth and medical record number. Children must wear this band at all times for their safety and protection. Prior to any procedures, treatments or medications, we will ask your child his or her name and other information that appears on the ID band. We know this practice is repetitive; however, it ensures your child’s well-being and is a critical component of our safety protocols.
- Physicians, nurses and other members of your child’s care team will come by and talk with you and your child about his or her health history and current medications being taken.
- If your child is admitted after a procedure, we may spend some time assessing your child’s medical condition and managing any discomfort.
- You and your child should always feel welcome to ask questions. Stay informed about your child’s treatment. Our staff will work with you to explain any aspect of care you do not understand.