Every child deserves exceptional, highly personalized treatment, which is why your child's orthopedic care is always managed by an attending (supervising) physician at the Floating Hospital for Children in Boston. Whether a complex fracture, sports injury, spinal deformity such as scoliosis, or neuromuscular disorder such as cerebral palsy, the team at the Orthopaedics Department provides advanced care for every musculoskeletal condition.
Why Choose Our Program
Our department has a long and rich tradition of caring for kids, and our doctors rank among the leading orthopaedists in Boston. The Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedics is Stuart V. Braun, MD, who has cared for thousands of kids with orthopaedic problems since 2004.
Charles Cassidy, MD, manages care for children with hand and upper extremity injuries and disorders. He ranks in the top one percent in the U.S. in his field, according to US News and World Report.
At our program, your child is in excellent hands because:
- We offer fast access to attending (supervising) orthopaedic doctors because every child — and his or her family — deserve the very best care. You won’t find this level of personal attention from attending doctors at most major medical centers.
- Our Pediatric Fracture and Trauma Program is part of the Pediatric Level I Trauma Program at Floating Hospital and works closely with our Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute, the first pediatric trauma center in the world to provide pediatric trauma treatment, research andinjury prevention programs to children.
- Our commitment to the community means our attending doctors also care for children at satellite locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and MetroWest. Additionally, our network includes some of the best regional and local providers of pediatric orthopaedic care.
- Your child can receive exceptional, lifelong care because we work closely with doctors in adult Orthopaedics and many other specialties at Tufts Medical Center.
- Doctors from orthopaedics — and other pediatric specialties — team up to manage every aspect of your child’s health. Multidisciplinary care like this is especially important if your child has a serious injury, multiple conditions or a complex disorder like muscular dystrophy.
This dedicated, team approach is but one example of the personalized care we provide for kids in Pediatric Orthopaedics. It also embodies how the doctors, nurses and other members of our tight-knit community at Floating Hospital work together to care for every child — and their families too.
World-Class Children's Orthopaedic Care
Such personal attention for your child from expert orthopaedic specialists — and doctors in other specialties, such as Psychiatry, Pain Management, Neurology and Rheumatology, to name a few — is found at few major medical centers in the United States. As part of Tufts Medical Center, Floating Hospital also offers a seamless transition to adult orthopaedic care if your child needs long-term management and therapy for his or her condition.