Ophthalmology (New England Eye Center)
See the difference. We're recognized among Boston's top doctors.
Demand the Best for Your Child's Eye Care
Ophthalmology (New England Eye Center) at Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center specializes in the testing and treatment of all types of eye diseases and visual problems. We're a major referral and consultation resource for patients and doctors in Greater Boston and around the world.
Our team aims to deliver the highest-quality tertiary ophthalmic services in a compassionate, patient-centered environment. Diagnostic and therapeutic services cover:
- Aesthetic treatments (e.g. eyelid surgery)
- Cornea and external disease
- General ophthalmology
- Optometry and contact lenses
- Pediatric ophthalmology and ocular motility (strabismus)
- Vision rehabilitation
- Vitreoretinal service and surgery
New England Eyewear, a full-service optical shop located within our office, offers a large selection of frames, including children's frames.
Known Nationally & Internationally
New England Eye Center staff ophthalmologists have earned national and international reputations as clinicians, educators and researchers. Their experience spans everything from routine eye care to complex and serious eye cases.
To complement our physicians' expertise, we have equipment that equals or surpasses that found in ophthalmic centers anywhere.
- Sophisticated testing such as digital angiography, color Doppler imaging and ultrasound biomicroscopy help us make even the most difficult diagnoses.
- Our operating rooms feature the latest instrumentation for ophthalmic microsurgery, including advanced vitreoretinal surgery.
- Our Laser Vision Center's range of therapeutic capabilities is matched by few other ophthalmic centers in the world.
At New England Eye Center, our equipment helps us provide the best technical care. But it's our people who complete the picture, paying attention to your needs and making sure you always feel at home.
Bringing the Latest Advances to Your Family
Outside of clinical care, New England Eye Center is committed to leadership in programs of medical education, eye research and ophthalmic technology development.
We're affiliated with Tufts University School of Medicine, where our staff ophthalmologists all hold teaching appointments. Our complete programs in ophthalmology training and education include:
- Medical student teaching
- A residency training program
- Clinical and research fellowships
- An extensive continuing medical education program for practicing ophthalmologists worldwide
New England Eye Center recognizes the importance of eye and vision research and the need for programs that translate findings from the laboratory to the clinical arena. In recent years, we've built a substantial research program that includes the Vision Research Laboratories, the Tufts Center for Vision Research and extensive clinical trials. Our world-renowned scientists collaborate extensively with our clinicians in research efforts.
What does our involvement in education and research mean to patients? Our physicians and technical staff always keep up with the latest advances in ophthalmology — and can apply the most innovative treatments and techniques in caring for your eyes.
Make an appointment today. Visit the New England Eye Center