The Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic is located on the sixth floor of Floating Hospital in the Pediatric Otolaryngology Clinic. Families receive discounted parking in the hospital garage, accessible from Tremont and Washington Streets.
We are steps from the T, located at the Tufts Medical Center stop on the Orange Line.
Directions to Floating Hospital for Children
Maps of Floating Hospital for Children
Many families have found support by talking with other parents who have children with cleft lip and palate. The Floating Cleft Team offers the opportunity to talk individually with other families. Contact information for parents willing to share their experiences is available upon request.
Cleft Palate Foundation
- Prenatal resources / packets including fact sheets and instructional videos.
- Fact sheets and booklets specifically for teens with cleft lip/palate.
- External links for support groups.
- A resource with practical information for parents on everyday things: how to word birth announcements, how to tell siblings, etc.
- A resource for older children on how to handle school teasing and self-esteem concerns.
- New Parent Packet with info every new parent should know.
- A blog where parents can chat and have their questions answered.
- They have a cleft lip/palate support group page.
Foundation for Faces of Children
Based in Brookline, Mass. It is geared more for craniofacial anomalies, but also has some information on cleft lip/palate.
A local support group based in Needham, Mass, for parents with children with cleft lip/palate. 617-499-1936.