The Pediatric Complex Care Program (PCCP) at Floating Hospital for Children works closely with families and their providers to offer comprehensive and coordinated care for infants, children and adolescents with complex medical conditions and diagnoses. Our multidisciplinary care team composed of pediatricians, nurse practitioners, nurse care managers, and social workers provides flexible and supportive services to improve your child’s health care experience and quality of life. We support families and ensure they feel confident, comfortable, and equipped to advocate for and make informed decisions regarding their child’s care.
What we offer
We aim to enhance the quality of life for children with complex medical conditions throughout their life continuum by providing excellent care in a coordinated and family-centered approach. Our multidisciplinary team will work to:
- Serve as a consistent point of access and facilitate communication between you and your child’s primary care providers, specialists and community providers
- Provide consistent care management and coordination
- Develop individualized care plans and work with your providers to ensure emergency management plans are effective and realistic
- Educate and support your family in the decision making process and help with adherence to the care plan
- Connect your family with social services and community resources relevant to your child’s care
- Assist with care transitions within the inpatient, outpatient and emergency room settings
The Pediatric Complex Care Program supports children with:
- Complex medical conditions that are followed by multiple pediatric specialists
- Dependent on medical technology (such as gastrostomy tubes, central venous access lines or tracheostomies)
- Chronic disease with significant developmental, behavioral, or social concerns
In order for your child to be considered for enrollment in the pediatric complex care program, a referral from your child’s primary care provider or specialist is required. For more information, see the referring provider tab, or call the PCCP team at 617-636-9501.