The Center for Youth Wellness offers comprehensive weight management services for children from birth to 18 years of age and families who are ready to make changes to their eating and physical activity habits.
- Teens (ages 11-18) can participate in a two hour, 10-week structured group program that helps them practice healthy eating and physical activity habits. Groups are offered in Boston, Brockton, Lowell and MetroWest.
- Children (birth to 10) and parents meet individually with a registered dietitian to develop a tailored, healthy active living prescription and provide ongoing guidance and support.
- Caregivers and expectant parents can attend age-specific nutrition education workshops.
- View the individual flyer about our group programs in Boston, Brockton, Lowell, MetroWest and Woburn.
To be eligible, a patient must meet these criteria:
- BMI-for-age ≥ 95%-ile or
- BMI-for-age ≥ 85%-ile with co-morbidities
Referring a Patient
Patients must be ready to engage in treatment to benefit from our programs. Therefore, it is most effective when families contact us directly. If you believe a patient may be eligible and is interested in our program, please have his/her parent contact us. Adolescents in particular must be ready to engage in treatment to benefit from our 10-week group program.
After the patient contacts us and an appointment is scheduled, we will fax you a referral form. Please provide the following information:
- Weight history
- Growth pattern
- Prior medical evaluation
Adolescent 10-Week Structured Group Program
Our team (physician, psychologist and dietitian) performs a comprehensive assessment to provide feedback to you, the patient, and parent(s). Eligible patients enter a 10-week structured group program that helps adolescents practice healthy eating and physical activity habits as part of a balanced life.
Assessment visits are performed in the mornings. Teen groups are after school for two hours at various days/times depending on program location (Boston, Brockton, Lowell and MetroWest). Teens have overwhelmingly voiced positive testimonials about the program.
Our PCP brochure and patient brochures for programs in Boston, Brockton, Lowell, MetroWest and Woburn are available to download. If you would like brochures to distribute in your clinic or if you would like more information, contact us at 617-636-3381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.