If you live in the MetroWest region, driving to Boston for medical appointments can be stressful and time-consuming. Fortunately, Floating Hospital for Children has great news: we've brought our specialists to you, so you can have access to world-class pediatric care at MetroWest Medical Center (MWMC) close to home in Framingham and Natick.
Floating Hospital and MWMC formed a pediatric partnership in 2009 to provide advanced, comprehensive pediatric specialty care to the MetroWest community, with the goal of making your life easier.
What does our partnership mean to you?
- You enjoy the convenience of seeing Floating Hospital specialists closer to your home while still benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies offered by an Academic Medical Center.
- Floating Hospital specialists staff the Emergency Department, pediatric floor and special care nursery at Framingham Union Hospital.
- MWMC's talented physicians and clinical staff can consult with Floating Hospital physicians to enhance care for your kids.
- You child will receive the kind of compassionate care and personalized attention on which Floating Hospital prides itself.
- If your child has a particularly complex case, he or she can be quickly and easily transferred to Floating Hospital for highly-specialized care.
Floating Hospital and MWMC are collaborating to provide the services and programs that children need most in the MetroWest area. Currently, we offer the following services:
- Hospitalists: Pediatric hospitalists oversee the care of children on Framingham Union's pediatric unit. These pediatric attending physicians coordinate your child's care, serving as the vital link between families, nursing staff, other doctors and the referring pediatrician.
- Newborn Care: Floating Hospital neonatologists oversee Framingham Union's Level IIB special care nursery to care for premature and sick infants around the clock. Keep your baby close to home while knowing he or she will receive expert treatment and monitoring.
About MetroWest Medical Center
MWMC is committed to meeting the health care needs of the MetroWest region by providing advanced care with a community touch. The 269-bed regional health care system includes:
- Framingham Union Hospital
- Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick
- The MetroWest Wellness Center, an outpatient diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation center