Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center has teamed with Lowell General Hospital to bring world-class pediatric care right to your doorstep in the Greater Lowell community. So rather than traveling into Boston for medical appointments, you and your family can stay right where you are, and still receive the advanced care provided by an Academic Medical Center.
Floating Hospital and Lowell General formed a clinical affiliation in 1993. Since then, we've collaborated to expand the range of pediatric services and specialties available in Lowell.
What does our partnership mean to you?
- You enjoy the convenience of seeing Floating Hospital specialists closer to home while still benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies offered by an Academic Medical Center.
- Lowell General's talented physicians and clinical staff can consult with Floating Hospital physicians to enhance your child’s care.
- Your child receives the kind of compassionate care and personalized attention on which Floating Hospital prides itself.
- If your child has a particularly complex case, he or she can be quickly and easily transferred to Floating Hospital for highly-specialized care.
Learn more about our partnership and read our Mommy Blog >
Floating Hospital works with Lowell General to provide the following services:
- Emergency Care: In an emergency, you can rest assured that your child will receive the best care from pediatric emergency specialists at Lowell General. If necessary, he or she can be quickly transferred to the Tufts Medical Center Emergency Department (with the help of our rapid transport ambulance service) and referred to Floating Hospital specialists.
- Hospitalists: Floating Hospital hospitalists oversee and direct all aspects of your child's daily care. These skilled pediatric physicians serve as the vital link between families, nursing staff, other doctors and the referring pediatrician.
- Newborn Care: Floating Hospital neonatologists, pediatric physicians and neonatal nurses staff Lowell General's Level II special care nursery. Infants born prematurely or with medical complications can receive expert treatment and monitoring near home and family.
- Pediatric Specialty Clinics: Rather than heading into Boston, stay local for specialty care. Your child can see Floating Hospital pediatric experts in Cardiology, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology at Lowell General or at our Pediatric Specialty Center in Chelmsford.
About Lowell General Hospital
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit, community hospital serving Greater Lowell and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, the hospital offers the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.